If you’re a master’s or doctorate student eligible for ABSTUDY, we have the following payments:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance, help with living costs while studying or training
- ABSTUDY Incidentals Allowance, help with the cost of starting or continuing study or training
- ABSTUDY Fares Allowance, help with travel costs between home and study location if you need to live away from home
- Additional Incidentals Allowance, help if you’re a tertiary, masters or doctorate student and have high essential course costs
- Additional Assistance, help if you get Living Allowance and have severe financial difficulties.
Depending on your situation, if you get another payment from us, you may also get other payments such as:
- Assistance with ABSTUDY masters and doctorate compulsory course fees
- ABSTUDY Relocation Allowance
- ABSTUDY Thesis Allowance
- Rent Assistance
- Student Start up Loan
- Relocation Scholarship
- Remote Area Allowance.
You may get more than 1 ABSTUDY payment at a time. Depending on your situation you may only have to apply once.
A fortnightly payment to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians with living costs while studying or training.
A payment to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians with the cost of starting or continuing study or training.
Helps with travel costs between your home and place of study if you get ABSTUDY and need to live away from home.
Help with course fees for Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students who are studying a masters or doctorate.
Help for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with the costs of relocating for masters or doctorate study.