There’s new and amended MBS items available from 1 November 2023.
An additional indexation of 0.5% has been applied to some service items.
13 new Bulk Bill Incentives (BBI) items have been added for Commonwealth concession card holders and patients under 16.
Professional attendance item changes include:
- New level C and D phone consultations for patients registered under MyMedicare with the practice
- Amendments to Level B consultations to introduce a minimum 6 minute service time
- New level E consultations, lasting 60 minutes or more.
Other MBS item changes include:
- New and amended pathology testing including genetic testing services
- New leadless permanent cardiac pacemaker services
- A schedule fee increase to item 61485 to reflect the increasing cost of the radiopharmaceutical.
Also age restrictions have been removed for prescribed dental patients. This means patients of all ages with cleft and craniofacial conditions can access Medicare benefits.
Read more on:
Read more news for health professionals.
Subscribe to news
RSS News feed
Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader.